- 6 C warm water
- 2/3 C honey
- 8 C whole wheat flour (additional flour needed later)
- 2/3 C oil
- 4-8 C additional whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 Tbsp Dough Enhancer
- 2-3 Tbsp instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp liquid lecithin (optional)
Prep Time 2 Hours
Bake Time 7-8 Minutes
Total Time 2.5 Hours
Yield 5-6 Pizza Crusts
- This pizza dough recipe uses the same recipe for our basic whole wheat bread. Simply make your bread dough as usual, and instead of making your 5-6 loaves of bread, instead, make 4-5 loaves and leave one loaf for your pizza crust. You can also separate your dough and freeze it for future use making pizzas at home.
- Set your pizza stone in the oven and preheat it to 500 degrees.
- If you allow your pizza dough to sit for too long, it will begin sticking to your peel, so make sure all your ingredients are cut up, ready to add to your crust quickly.
- Sprinkle cornmeal or flour over your pizza board and then roll out your dough to about 15″.
- Once the dough is spread out, add your pizza sauce, all your favorite toppings, and then slide your pizza onto the preheated pizza stone.
- Let your pizza cook for about 7-8 minutes, once it’s cooked, add a liberal amount of cheese. Wait a few minutes for your cheese to melt completely, or stick it back in your oven for about a minute until the cheese has melted completely.