- 6 C warm water
- 2/3 C honey
- 8 C whole wheat flour
- 2/3 C oil
- 4-8 C additional whole wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Vital Wheat Gluten
- 2 Tbsp Dough Enhancer
- 2-3 Tbsp instant yeast
- 2 Tbsp liquid lecithin (optional)
Whole Wheat Bread
Prep Time 2 Hours
Bake Time 35 Minutes
Total Time 2 Hours 35 Minutes
Yield 5-6 Loaves
- Add all of your wet ingredients (honey, oil, and water first, followed by lecithin) to your Bosch mixer but do not mix yet.
- Next add your dry ingredients (flour, gluten, dough enhancer, and yeast).
- Next “jog” the ingredients together in your mixer with the “M” dial, slowly at first so as not to make the flour escape your mixer.
- Once the ingredients are combined smoothly, let your dough sit for 10 minutes or until the dough has expanded to fill half the mixing bowl. This method is called sponging; the dough is dryer and has a better texture using this method because the wheat bran absorbs all moisture.
- Once you’ve let your dough sit for 10 minutes then add your salt, slowly add the remaining flour to ensure you don’t add too much.
- Regularly check your dough’s consistency and stop adding flour once your floured finger no longer sticks to the dough after lightly tapping it.
- Allow your mixer to knead the dough for about 5 minutes at the second speed, or until the dough that was stuck to the side of the bowl comes off. Your dough will form about 5-6 loaves.
- Let your dough rise until it has doubled in size.
- Set the oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35 minutes.