- 3 c flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ c butter, very cold cut into small cubes
- ⅓ c chilled vegetable shortening
- 6-8 Tbsp ice cold water
Prep Time 40 Minutes
Bake Time 10 - 30 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hour
Yield 2 Pie Crusts
- Prepare butter and shortening then keep chilled in the refrigerator while preparing dry ingredients.
- Add flour, sugar, and salt into the Bosch Ultimate Food Processor and pulse to combine.
- Add chilled butter and shortening then pulse 10 or so times until the mixture looks like coarse meal.
- Add water a few tablespoons at a time and pulse until the dough just begins to bind together. The dough shouldn’t be wet or sticky.
- Empty processor onto a floured surface and divide the dough into two.
- Shape into discs and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill in refrigerator at least half an hour or overnight.