- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 1/4 tsp instant dry yeast
- 3 1/4-1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger
Dough and Filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tbsp whole milk, more as needed
- Place the milk and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Warm in the microwave for a couple of seconds just until the butter is melted. Set aside.
- Using your Bosch Universal Plus Mixer with Dough Hook attached, add the pumpkin puree, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt to the mixer. Mix until combined. While the mixer is running on low, add the milk and butter. Add in the egg and yeast. Followed by 1 cup of flour at a time. Continue adding flour until the dough is no longer sticky, but not dry.
- Once all of the ingredients are combined, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- After the dough has risen, punch the dough down. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead a few times until it is smooth. Add a little more flour if the dough is still sticky.
- Roll the dough into a large and even rectangle (about 26×13 inches). Using a knife or spatula, evenly spread butter on the dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger on top.
- Roll the dough into a large log, with the seam side down. Using a large knife, slice the dough into 20-24 rolls (about 1.5 inches thick). Place the rolls into a greased 9×13″ pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for another hour or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven 350F. Bake the rolls for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare the icing. Using your Bosch mixer with wire whips attached, add the cream cheese to the bowl and mix until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and milk and beat until the mixture is creamy, adding additional milk until the icing reaches the desired consistency. Drizzle the icing on the cinnamon rolls as soon as they come out of the oven.