- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups white sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- green food coloring
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
Mint Frosting/Chocolate Layer
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease or line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and pour into your Bosch mixing bowl. Allow to cool for a few minutes.
3. With your Bosch mixer, mix the white sugar in with the melted butter. Add in the eggs, whisking after each addition. Add in vanilla. Mix in the salt, baking powder, flour and cocoa powder.
4. Pour the batter into the 9×13 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (or almost clean). Allow brownies to cool completely before removing from the pan by lifting out the parchment paper, if desired.
1. Beat the butter on medium speed with your Bosch mixer. Mix until smooth and creamy. Pour in the powdered sugar and milk and continuing mixing until well combined. Add the peppermint extract and a couple of drops of the food coloring. Add additional extract until you reach your desired flavor.
2. Once the brownies are cooled, frost with the mint frosting and place the brownies in the fridge. Allow the frosting to set for several hours before topping with the chocolate layer.
1. Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is smooth. Cool for 5 minutes.
2. Spread the chocolate over the cooled brownies. Place brownies back in the fridge to allow the chocolate layer to harden.
3. Cut and serve brownies once they have cooled. Store any leftovers in the fridge.