- 5-6 C Flour
- 1 Egg
- 2/3 C Powdered Milk
- 2 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Butter
- 1/3 C Sugar
- 2/3 C Very Warm Water
- 2 Tbs Yeast
Prep Time 1 Hour
Bake Time 15 - 20 Minutes
Total Time 1.5 Hours
Yield 3 Dozen Crescent Rolls
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water in Bosch Stand Mixer and let stand for a few minutes while it becomes foamy on top.
- With dough hook and dough hook extender in place, add softened butter, salt, powdered milk egg and 2 cups flour then beat until smooth.
- Slowly add more flour; 2 cups, then ½ cup at a time until dough is tacky but no longer wet or sticky.
- Knead dough in the mixer for a few minutes then place in greased bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise until doubled in size or about 1 hour.
- Remove from bowl onto floured surface and divide into three equal parts.
- One section at a time, roll into a large circle and using a pizza cutter cut into 12 equal triangles.
- Roll each triangle into crescent starting on the large end and rolling to the point of each triangle.
- Place roll onto a greased baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 and let crescents rise for 30 minutes then bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush tops of rolls with butter while hot if desired.