- 4 C warm water
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 4 Tbsp instant yeast
- 1 C vegetable or canola oil
- 2Tbsp salt
- 10-12 C flour (unbleached white or fresh whole wheat)
Prep Time 1.5 Hours
Bake Time 30 Minutes
Total Time 2 Hours
Yield 3 or 4 Loaves
- Add first three ingredients to Bosch bowl (warm water, sugar, instant yeast) and let stand for 2-3 minutes to proof the yeast.
- Add the following ingredients (oil, salt, gluten, flour) to the Bosch bowl and knead with the dough hook for 8-10 minutes. (Start with 10 cups flour and add ½ cup more at a time until you have a tacky but not sticky dough.)
- After kneading for 8-10 minutes let the dough rise in the bowl for about 10 minutes then punch down with hands or by simply running the dough hook around a couple times.
- Repeat this step an additional 4-5 rounds then divide the dough into 3 or 4 loaf pans.
- Cut the tops of each loaf diagonally with a sharp knife then brush the dough lightly with egg wash. Leave to rise until size doubles then bake in a 400F oven for approximately 30 minutes.