- 4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 C warm water (110F)
- 4 C hot water - additional
- 1/2 C baking soda
- 5 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C additional white sugar
- 1/4 C kosher salt
Prep Time 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Bake Time 8 Minutes
Total Time 1 Hour 30 Minutes
Yield Approximately 12 Pretzels
- Combine yeast, 1 T white sugar, and 1 ¼ C warm water in your Bosch mixer bowl. Allow yeast to fully dissolve (about 10 minutes).
- After yeast has fully dissolved, add flour, ½ C sugar, salt, and oil, Mix on medium speed until ingredients are well incorporated. Add 1 to 2 T of water to the mixture if it is too dry.
- Knead on low speed for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove your dough hook and cover bowl. Allow dough to rise in a warm environment until it doubles in size (approximately 1 hour).
- Set oven to 450F degrees and grease 2 baking sheets before dough finishes its rise.
- After dough is proofed, dissolve baking soda in a large bowl with 4 C hot water.
- Separate dough into 12 equal portions. Roll each piece into a rope. Then twist your rope into a pretzel shape.
- Dip pretzel twists into your hot water/baking soda solution and place on greased pan. Sprinkle pretzels with Kosher salt to your liking and bake for 8 minutes (or until browned).