Submitted by Aileen Mowat from Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Needed something fast and yummy, company was coming in 2 hours!!”
- 40 soda crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1/8 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
Prep Time 1 hour 15 minutes
Bake Time 8 minutes
Total Time 1 hour 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place crackers on a greased, parchment paper-lined baking sheet so that the entire surface is covered.
- In a saucepan, melt butter on low heat. Once melted, add brown sugar and turn heat to medium. Continue stirring until boiling, then boil for 3 minutes.
- Pour the caramel over the crackers, spreading evenly with a spatula. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chocolate chips over the crackers and cover with tin foil. Bake for 3 minutes. Remove the foil and spread the softened chocolate over the top evenly.
- Sprinkle with pecans, cover with foil, and freeze for 1 hour. Break the bark up into pieces.