- 3 cups Plain bread flour
- 1 tablespoon Dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons Caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup Warm milk
- 2 tablespoons Melted butter
- 4 cups Cheddar Cheese
Prep Time 1 Hour 20 Min
Yield 1 Loaf
- Combine flour, yeast, and sugar in a large bowl. Stir in salt. Make a well in the center. Add milk and butter.
- Use a wooden spoon to stir the mixture until well combined, then use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Brush a large bowl with olive oil to grease. Place the dough in the bowl and cover with a damp tea towel. Set aside in a warm, draught-free place to prove for 45 minutes-1 hour or until the dough has almost doubled in size.
- Punch down the center of the dough with your fist. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead for 2 minutes or until the dough is elastic and has returned to its original size.
- Braid into three strips, sprinkle cheddar cheese in as you braid, bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, finish last five minutes with cheese on top.