- 2 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Grated Orange Zest
- 1/2 C Cold Salted Butter (cut into very small cubes)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 C Cold Heavy Cream
- 1 C Fresh Blueberries
- A few Tbsp (brushing on tops) Heavy Cream
- Sprinkling on tops Turbinado Sugar
Prep Time 20 Mins
Bake Time 20 Mins
Total Time 40 Mins
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Stir the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and orange zest in the bowl of a stand mixer (or just a mixing bowl). Add the butter. Mix ingredients with an electric mixer until fine crumbs form.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the egg and heavy cream in a slow stream. Mix until a thick, stiff dough forms. Add the blueberries and mix until the blueberries are just incorporated into the dough. If some of them break, that’s okay – you’ll get those pretty juice drips down the side.
- Flour your hands. Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and place on a floured work surface. Roll into a rectangle, about 1 inch thick. Cut into 8 triangles; pull the triangles apart from each other and brush with heavy cream. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Sprinkle again with turbinado sugar for extra texture. Enjoy warm; store leftovers in an airtight container for 1-2 days.