Did you know that the Bosch Meat Grinder attachment can be used for more than just grinding up meat? It’s also a great tool for making chunky salsa, cheese balls, and NUT BUTTER (just to name a few). We’re sharing 10 nut butter recipes from across the web that make us drool. Give them a try using your meat grinder attachment and let us know what you think! It’s as simple as adding all of the ingredients straight into your meat grinder attachment and processing them a few times until you’ve expressed the natural oils from the nuts and have reached your desired consistency.
1. Homemade Salted Vanilla Honey Peanut Butter
Monique from Ambitious Kitchen shares a sweet peanut butter recipe that tastes more like a dessert than anything else!
- 2 cups unsalted roasted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and seeds scraped
- ½ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons coconut oil, plus more if necessary
2. Homemade Dark Chocolate Almond Butter with Sea Salt
Stephanie Jeong from Wake The Wolves shares this sultry homemade butter paste that makes breakfast time a whole lot better.
- 2 cups almonds (plain, raw, no salt)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon honey, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 pinches sea salt
Roast raw almonds at 350 degrees (F) for 10 minutes before combining all ingredients into the meat grinder attachment.
3. Easy Homemade Cocoa Hazelnut Butter
Forget the store-bought, sugar loaded hazelnut spread from the store and try this easy, healthier recipe from She Loves Biscotti.
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut oil or vegetable oil
- 3-4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt
Roast hazelnuts (12-15 minutes @ 325 degrees (F) and remove skins before processing through meat grinder attachment.
4. Homemade Vanilla Coconut Butter
Oh, you didn’t know this was a thing? This mouth-watering toast-topper from Espresso and Cream is going to be your new favorite.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon high-quality vanilla
- 2 teaspoon sugar
5. Homemade Cacao Nib Almond Butter
With bits of cacao in the chunky almond butter, Lentine Alexis had us begging for the recipe.
- 3.5 cups raw organic almonds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, plus more if you like it sweet
- 1 cup raw cacao nibs
6. Homemade Vanilla & Honey Cashew Butter
Show Me The Yummy shares this truly buttery spread made from cashews, vanilla, and honey. It’s a nut butter you’ll want to eat straight from the jar.
- 2 cups cashews
- 2 tablespoons honey or more, to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Roast raw cashews in the oven at 300 degrees (F) for 8-12 minutes before processing ingredients through the meat grinder attachment.
7. Homemade Salted Maple Roasted Almond Butter
This sweet maple nut butter shared by Sally’s Baking Addiction is a classes recipe every home chef should try.
- 3 cups Diamond of California whole almonds (raw and unsalted)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup (not breakfast syrup, the real deal!)
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- sea salt, to taste
Combine raw almonds, maple syrup, and 1 Tbsp coconut oil in a mixing bowl. Coat evenly. Then bake for 15 minutes in the oven (toss after 8 minutes) at 300 degrees (F) before processing through the meat grinder attachment.
8. Homemade Spicy Haitian Peanut Butter
Give your PB&J a zing with this Haitian spiced peanut butter from Food 52.
- 1 pound shelled raw peanuts
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (I use Morton’s)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Roast raw peanuts at 350 degrees (F) for 20-25 minutes (do not burn). Remove all skins. Heat coconut oil in a pan, adding cayenne and paprika. Remove from heat once oil is melted. Then add all ingredients into the meat grinder attachment for processing.
9. Homemade Chai Spice Almond Butter
Even those of you who swear you hate Chai will definitely be making an exception for this chai spiced almond butter from A Clean Bake.
- 2 cups almonds (whole, raw)
- 1 cup cashews (whole, raw; see note)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons mild oil, such as light olive oil, grapeseed oil or organic canola oil
- 3 Tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener (I recommend Lakanto), or granulated stevia
- 3/4 teaspoon allspice
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
10. Homemade Classic Peanut Butter
If all the garnishment and added flavors aren’t what you’re going for, give this classic peanut butter recipe a try. Depending on your preferred texture, the Bosch Meat Grinder attachment makes anything from smooth (using the accessory disc #2) to very chunky nut butter.
Use a simple ratio of 2 cups (unsalted, roasted, and shelled) peanuts to 1 pinch of salt.
- Ambitious Kitchen – Salted Vanilla Honey Peanut Butter
- Wake The Wolves – Dark Chocolate Almond Butter with Sea Salt
- She Loves Biscotti – Easy Homemade Cocoa Hazelnut Butter
- Espresso and Cream – Homemade Vanilla Coconut Butter
- Lentine Alexis – Cacao Nib Almond Butter
- Show Me The Yummy – Vanilla and Honey Cashew Butter
- Sally’s Baking Addiction – Salted Maple Roasted Almond Butter
- Food 52 – Spicy Haitian Peanut Butter
- A Clean Bake – Chai Spice Almond Butter